Tuesday 15 December 2009

Day Sixteen

Well, i apologise for missing yesterday, and the very important holiday that is National Bouillabaisse Day. Of course, I had to look up what bouillabaisse is, and it was a very educational experience. At first, it sounded iffy, as it is essentially a fish soup. ''Mmmm,'' i thought. But then i read further, and the utterly bonkers details came out. It consists of scorpionfish, conger and sea robin, but can also include bream, turbot, monkfish, mullet and silver hake. It also has shellfish and other seafoods such as sea urchins, mussels, spider crabs and octopus. It is then boiled with veg such as leeks, onions, tomatoes, celery and potatoes (the most sensible part of the dish) and flavoured with various herbs and spices like garlic, orange peel, basil, bay leaf, fennel and saffron. And to top off this medley of insanity, it is served with a roulle made of olive oil, garlic, saffron and cayenne peppers on ''grilled slices of bread''. Toast, then.


I can just see me being able to pop down to Asda and getting those ingredients....


But it isn't Bouillabaisse Day anymore, it is National Cupcake Day, or as we call them in England, muffins or buns. I couldn't for the life of me find a picture of what I thought was a cupcake, which was the flat brown bun with the curly white icing in a line across the top. Did i just imagine those?? Anyway, in the absence of a picture of that, here's an equally scrumptious looking offering:

Mmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, so, after my eating day, I put two pounds on, but after eating just a salad yesterday, i have lost one of those pounds again. So we will soon see if my metabolism boost worked. Probably Thursday morning. Fingers crossed. I've eaten my salad for dinner today, plus there was a buffet in the main office where i work, so i had a few bits and pieces like a bit of Stilton, some cheese and pickled onion on a stick (so very English and naff), a cheese twist and a couple of other bits. Didn't go mad. V proud.

Going to go and make an exciting purchase tonight. At 24 years old, I am going to go and buy my first double bed. Jesus, put like that, it sounds really sad.... But finally, some room! Woo!

And finally, another brilliantly crap film to keep your eyes peeled for - Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skYRZ_-RXtk&feature=fvw

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are these what you had in mind?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Hv8iuQvcJLQ/SasdVzTEFtI/AAAAAAAADxM/Z3n7mQhSxQ8/s400/Faux+Hostess+Cupcakes+021.jpg