Sunday 17 January 2010

Away with you, Snow....

Greetings Pigeon Watchers*, We have finally got rid of the snow! We've had a good old fashioned rain, and now the sun is peeking through! Lovely! Though you wouldn't believe how much stuff is uncovered when the snow melts, our road is littered with all kinds of crap. Though I have finally had chance to clear all the stuff out of my car, and have found half a bottle of vodka under the seat, which i have no idea when i bought it. Or indeed drank half of it and then placed it under my car seat. Such is the nature of vodka.

My mum has confirmed that i can get a dachsie! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Mega exciting!! There are a few in the local paper, but thinking about it, if i went and got one today it would have nowhere to sleep etc, so I'm going to spend a while getting stuff together for it, researching what vaccinations etc puppies need and when, and of course, saving up the cash to buy one (£500 dachshunds are going for... jeez. Though not as much as bulldogs, have seen ads for them for £2000. Insanity). Then, when I'm all prepared, I can start looking for one. Eeeeep, so exciting!

I've also lost a further 4lb since i was last in the blog world, so one more pound and that's half a pesky stone gone! But after the first half stone is when it seems to halt, so I'll have to go and do some working out down at the gym *shudder*.

All this so I can fit into my sexy black jeans.

And the rest of my nice clothes. At the moment I'm living in about two pairs of jeans and large cuddly jumpers and hoodies. Though that may have something to do with the freezing weather.

Anyway, t'ra for now, am off to look at factual websites about dogs and order a training manual. And try not to look at pics of ickle puppies...

*To those of you that haven't seen Where's Wally, i apologise for the random reference. I also commiserate all you Americans that called him Waldo, and never got to snigger when the narrator said ''Greetings, Wally Watchers!'', cuz we all knew he was gagging to say 'willy watchers' instead.

2 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Yay on the pooch!! The training can be rough, but if you stick to it you'll have a great companion, that's for sure.

Congrats on the weight loss, losing is always a good thing!

Purple Pigeon said...

Ta me duck! Though I think I'm gaining it again, as I started eating normally again after feeling as sick as a dog one day cuz of lack of food.... stupid body needing sustinance!